Judges – Deborah’s Victory Over The Canaanites
Judges 4 (NIV), Map related verses
4 Now Deborah, a prophet, the wife of Lappidoth, was leading Israel at that time. 5 She held court under the Palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went up to her to have their disputes decided. 6 She sent for Barak son of Abinoam from Kedesh in Naphtali and said to him, “The Lord, the God of Israel, commands you: ‘Go, take with you ten thousand men of Naphtali and Zebulun and lead them up to Mount Tabor. 7 I will lead Sisera, the commander of Jabin’s army, with his chariots and his troops to the Kishon River and give him into your hands.’”
10 There Barak summoned Zebulun and Naphtali, and ten thousand men went up under his command. Deborah also went up with him.
11 Now Heber the Kenite had left the other Kenites, the descendants of Hobab, Moses’ brother-in-law, and pitched his tent by the great tree in Zaanannim near Kedesh.
12 When they told Sisera that Barak son of Abinoam had gone up to Mount Tabor, 13 Sisera summoned from Harosheth Haggoyim to the Kishon River all his men and his nine hundred chariots fitted with iron.
14 Then Deborah said to Barak, “Go! This is the day the Lord has given Sisera into your hands. Has not the Lord gone ahead of you?” So Barak went down Mount Tabor, with ten thousand men following him. 15 At Barak’s advance, the Lord routed Sisera and all his chariots and army by the sword, and Sisera got down from his chariot and fled on foot.
16 Barak pursued the chariots and army as far as Harosheth Haggoyim, and all Sisera’s troops fell by the sword; not a man was left. 17 Sisera, meanwhile, fled on foot to the tent of Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite, because there was an alliance between Jabin king of Hazor and the family of Heber the Kenite.
21 But Jael, Heber’s wife, picked up a tent peg and a hammer and went quietly to him while he lay fast asleep, exhausted. She drove the peg through his temple into the ground, and he died.
23 On that day God subdued Jabin king of Canaan before the Israelites. 24 And the hand of the Israelites pressed harder and harder against Jabin king of Canaan until they destroyed him.
Map Index - Old Testament
- Abraham in the Land of Canaan
- 12 Spies Sent to Explore the Land
- Travels of Jacob
- Joseph Sold into Slavery
- Joshua, Conquest of Canaan, Central & Southern Campaigns
- Joshua, Conquest of Canaan, Northern Campaign
- NEW MAP The Tribal Allotments of Israel
- The Cities of Refuge
- Judges-Ehud and the Oppression of the Moabites
- Judges-Deborah's Victory Over The Canaanites
- Judges-Gideon Battles the Midianites
- Judges-Jephthah and the Ammonites
- Judges-Samson and the Philistines
- NEW MAP The Judges by Their Tribes
- Ruth, From Outsider to Royal Ancestress
- Life of Samuel
- Capture of the Ark
- The Philistine Threat
- Events in the Life of David, 1 Samual
- The Expansion of David's Kingdom, 2nd Samual
- The Life of Elijah
- Elisha's Ministry
- Josiah Battles Egyptian King Neco II
- Assyrian Campaigns Against Israel & Judah, 734 – 732 BC
- Assyrian Campaigns Against Israel & Samaria, 725 BC
- Assyrian Campaigns Against Judah, 701 BC
- Nebuchadnezzar's Campaigns Against Judah, 604 – 586 BC
Map Index - New Testament
- Jesus' Galilean Ministry
- Events in Christ's Ministry
- Jesus–From Resurrection to Ascension
- Peter's Early Ministries – Journeys
- The Life of Peter
- Philip's Travels
- Paul's First Missionary Journey
- Paul's Second Missionary Journey
- Paul's Third Missionary Journey
- Paul's Forth Missionary Journey (Rome)
- Paul's Route to Prison
- The Seven Churches of Revelation