Abraham in the Land of Canaan
Bethal & Ai
Genesis 12:8-9. . .
8 From there he went on toward the hills east of Bethel and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east. There he built an altar to the Lord and called on the name of the Lord.
9 Then Abram set out and continued toward the Negev.
Genesis 13:1-4 . . .
1 So Abram went up from Egypt to the Negev, with his wife and everything he had, and Lot went with him. 2 Abram had become very wealthy in livestock and in silver and gold.
3 From the Negev he went from place to place until he came to Bethel, to the place between Bethel and Ai where his tent had been earlier 4 and where he had first built an altar. There Abram called on the name of the Lord.
Genesis 14:18-20. . .
18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, 19 and he blessed Abram, saying,
“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Creator of heaven and earth.
20 And praise be to God Most High,
who delivered your enemies into your hand.”
Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.
Genesis 13:8. . .
8 So Abram said to Lot, “Let’s not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herders and mine, for we are close relatives.
Genesis 23:1-2 . . .The Death of Sarah
23 Sarah lived to be a hundred and twenty-seven years old. 2 She died at Kiriath Arba (that is, Hebron) in the land of Canaan, and Abraham went to mourn for Sarah and to weep over her.
Genesis 23:19-20 . . .19 Afterward Abraham buried his wife Sarah in the cave in the field of Machpelah near Mamre (which is at Hebron) in the land of Canaan. 20 So the field and the cave in it were deeded to Abraham by the Hittites as a burial site.
Genesis 20:1-2. . .
1 Now Abraham moved on from there into the region of the Negev and lived between Kadesh and Shur. For a while he stayed in Gerar, 2 and there Abraham said of his wife Sarah, “She is my sister.” Then Abimelek king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her.
Genesis 21:30-34 . . .
30 He replied, “Accept these seven lambs from my hand as a witness that I dug this well.”
31 So that place was called Beersheba, because the two men swore an oath there.
32 After the treaty had been made at Beersheba, Abimelek and Phicol the commander of his forces returned to the land of the Philistines. 33 Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and there he called on the name of the Lord, the Eternal God. 34 And Abraham stayed in the land of the Philistines for a long time.
Genesis 19:23,30 . . .
23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land.
Lot and His Daughters
30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.
Hover over any red circle to open a scripture link.
Map Index - Old Testament
- Abraham in the Land of Canaan
- 12 Spies Sent to Explore the Land
- Travels of Jacob
- Joseph Sold into Slavery
- Joshua, Conquest of Canaan, Central & Southern Campaigns
- Joshua, Conquest of Canaan, Northern Campaign
- NEW MAP The Tribal Allotments of Israel
- The Cities of Refuge
- Judges-Ehud and the Oppression of the Moabites
- Judges-Deborah's Victory Over The Canaanites
- Judges-Gideon Battles the Midianites
- Judges-Jephthah and the Ammonites
- Judges-Samson and the Philistines
- NEW MAP The Judges by Their Tribes
- Ruth, From Outsider to Royal Ancestress
- Life of Samuel
- Capture of the Ark
- The Philistine Threat
- Events in the Life of David, 1 Samual
- The Expansion of David's Kingdom, 2nd Samual
- The Life of Elijah
- Elisha's Ministry
- Josiah Battles Egyptian King Neco II
- Assyrian Campaigns Against Israel & Judah, 734 – 732 BC
- Assyrian Campaigns Against Israel & Samaria, 725 BC
- Assyrian Campaigns Against Judah, 701 BC
- Nebuchadnezzar's Campaigns Against Judah, 604 – 586 BC
Map Index - New Testament
- Jesus' Galilean Ministry
- Events in Christ's Ministry
- Jesus–From Resurrection to Ascension
- Peter's Early Ministries – Journeys
- The Life of Peter
- Philip's Travels
- Paul's First Missionary Journey
- Paul's Second Missionary Journey
- Paul's Third Missionary Journey
- Paul's Forth Missionary Journey (Rome)
- Paul's Route to Prison
- The Seven Churches of Revelation